This agreement relates to the following pet:
and adopting family (hereinafter referred to as Adopter):
The adopting family represents that no member of the family has ever been charged with cruelty to animals and agrees to accept the following conditions and restrictions in order to be eligible to adopt the pet described above, please initial each section in the space provided:
1. The pet will receive all care and attention necessary to ensure its health and well being. This will include providing sufficient food, water, exercise and medical care at all times.
2. The pet will not be abused in any manner. The pet will not be chained at any time, nor will it be permitted off the property of the adopting family unless accompanied by a mature individual. The pet will never be used in any aspect of dog/animal fighting. The pet will not be the subject of or subjected to any biological, chemical, psychological or other experiment.
3. If the pet has not been sterilized at the time of adoption, the adopting family will have the pet spayed/neutered at the age of six months or within one week from the date of this agreement, and will provide SB-GSR with written evidence of this operation within ten days after it is done. The pet will never be used for breeding.
4. The adopting family recognizes that although the SB-GSR has made every possible effort to provide a pet which is compatible with the adopting family’s home environment, The SB-GSR does not warrant the health, temperament or behavior of the pet, and is not to be held liable for any acts of the pet while living with the adopting family.
5. The adopting family will keep the pet for so long as it shall live and will not transfer the ownership or custody of the pet to any other person, business, or organization other than the SB-GSR. The adopting family will contact SB-GSR immediately if, for any reason, the adoption is unsuccessful or does not work out as anticipated.
6. The adopting family will notify the SB-GSR at least one week prior to any change of address or phone number of the adopting family.
7. The adopting family recognizes the need to ensure that the pet is receiving proper and humane care, and agrees to allow inspection of the adopting family’s home and the conditions in which the pet is living at any time by a representative of the SB-GSR. The adopting family agrees to immediately surrender custody of the pet to the SB-GSR upon demand if it is determined that the terms and conditions of this agreement have not been met or if the pet will not receive proper and humane care in the future.
8. The adopting family agrees to comply with all state and local laws and ordinances relating to the keeping of the pet, including licensing and leash laws.
9. The pet will never be allowed to ride in the open bed of a pickup truck.
10. The adopting family assures that the pet will wear a collar and ID tags at all times.
11. The pet is presumed to be in healthy condition unless stated otherwise. The SB-GSR will not be responsible for any conditions for which clinical symptoms are not in evidence at the time of adoption.
12. The Adopter agrees to inform SB-GSR in the event the animal dies, whether by euthanasia, accident, illness or natural causes.
13. The adoption fee of $_____ is non-refundable after 14 days.
14. The adopting family will abide not use electric, “invisible” or shock collars as a means of restraint or fencing.
15. The adopting family acknowledges that the purpose of this agreement is to safeguard the health and well-being of the pet and to protect the pet against neglect and cruelty. The adopting family enters into this agreement freely and with good will.
RELEASE OF LIABILITY AND HOLD HARMLESS CLAUSE:
The Adopter hereby understands, promises, and agrees that in consideration of the receipt of this dog, that they and each of them forever release, discharge and covenant to hold harmless SB-GSR and any other person, firm, or organization charged or chargeable with responsibility or liability, their heirs, administrators, executors, successors, and assigns from any and all claims, damages, costs, expenses, loss of services, actions and causes of action belonging to the said Adopter, or to any other person or entity, arising out of any act or occurrence from the present time and particularly on account of the conduct, actions, adoption and/ or recovery by the SB-GSR of the dog identified in above contract.
The Adopter hereby acknowledges that they have read all of this contract supplied by SB-GSR regarding the above mentioned dog and understand that SB-GSR can make no guarantees and/or promises regarding the animal’s disposition, temperament and/or future health and personality. The Adopter agrees to all cost, financial or otherwise, while the animal is in Adopter’s custody.